Truths About Motherhood is sponsored by the theatrical release of Mother’s Day, in theaters everywhere Friday.
Mother’s Day is right around the corner and it always makes me start to reflect on this crazy journey called motherhood. I’m not sure what I thought it would be like before I had kids, but I don’t think I could have predicted just how my life would change. Below are some truths about motherhood that I’ve learned over the past five years! Have you experienced these?
Truths About Motherhood
I love being a mom but there are plenty of things I never realized about the mom life!
- You’ll never be bored again! Your kids will make sure to keep you on your toes!
- Everyone will have an opinion about everything you do. Just remember to trust your gut and do your best. Your child will be just fine.
- You’ll sing your heart out no matter what kind of singing voice you have when it’s the only thing that will soothe your upset child. You’ll even do it in the middle of the grocery store.
- Actually, you won’t hesitate to do much of anything, no matter how silly, if it makes your child happy!
- You will consider your partner’s commute time to and from work as their alone time. And you might be jealous of it sometimes.
- Your friendships will change. Some might fade away but that’s okay because you’ll gain new friends who understand what it’s like to be a parent.
- Your living room will never be clean for long, at least not until your kids go away to school or move out.
- If you didn’t have it before, you’ll gain a new sense of empathy for other parents. That kid throwing a fit at the checkout won’t bother you near as much as it might have before you were a mom.
- You might feel like your relationship with your partner has been forced to take a backseat to raising the kids. Be sure to remember the couple you were before kids joined the party. Do something together as often as you can!
- You’ll need “me time” even more than ever but you’ll find it hard to take the time for yourself.
One of my favorite ways to take some time for myself is going out to see a movie. Sometimes I go out on a date night with Justin and other times it’s just Grambo and I on a girls day out! But taking some time to myself and get a bit of a break from the kids is always refreshing and there’s nothing wrong with that!
Mother’s Day movie hits theaters Friday, and Grambo and I already have our tickets! You can get your tickets here and take some time to yourself at the movies! (Or you can even take your mom!)
The new star-studded ensemble comedy promises to help us celebrate the mother of all holidays! It’s a day that connects us all and we’re excited to see this big-hearted comedy celebrating moms together!
COME CELEBRATE THE MOTHER OF ALL HOLIDAYS.
See #MothersDayMovie in theaters Friday starring Jennifer Aniston, Kate Hudson, Julia Roberts & Jason Sudeikis!