Lavender is one of my favorite essential oils because it is so versatile! I’m pretty sure it can do anything it puts its mind to… if it had a mind of its own! Here are 25 Lavender Essential Oils uses that I find us using almost weekly around our house!
25 Lavender Essential Oil Uses
- Freshen the laundry with a drop or two on your wool dryer balls.
- Add a few drops of Lavender to your basic vinegar and water cleaning solution to mellow out the vinegar scent.
- Combine with Purification Essential Oil to keep bugs away.
- Put a few drops of Lavender on cotton balls and place them in the closets or attic to keep moths away.
- Make your own chemical free linen spray by combining a few drops of Lavender to distilled water in a glass spray bottle.
- Diffuse or inhale to help calm your mind, body, and spirit after a tough day.
- Help calm yourself or the family down with a few drops applied to the bottom of the feet.
- Diffuse at night to help you sleep.
- Place a drop on your hand and run your hand over your pillow to help you sleep.
- Rub a drop under your nose to soothe it.
- Diffuse with lemon and peppermint to keep your immune system going strong.
- Got a bit too much sun? Soothe your skin with coconut oil and a few drops of Lavender.
- Soothe the diaper area by adding a drop of Lavender to coconut oil and smoothing it on where needed.
- Rub Lavender with coconut oil on uncomfortable areas during that time of the month and cover with a warm compress.
- Ear discomfort can be used by rubbing Lavender around the ear and behind the ear. (Never in the ear!)
- At the end of a challenging day, rub a drop on your palm and then rub the base of your neck to help you relax.
- Soothe burns with a few drops to take away the sting and comfort.
- Use Lavender to help ease the discomfort of itchy bug bites.
- Use a few drops in an oatmeal or sugar scrub to create a soothing facial scrub.
- Apply to dry, chapped lips before applying lip balm to help moisturize them. You can even make your own lip balms!
- Add a few drops with avocado and make a great face mask.
- Dab Lavender on skin blemishes with a cotton swab to help with healthier skin.
- Soothe tired feet and hands by adding a few drops to a bowl of warm water and soaking for 10 minutes.
- Add a drop to a cup of warm tea and honey to make a delicious Lavender tea that’s great for before bed.
- Add a drop to lemonade for a refreshing summer drink!
These are just some of my favorite ways to use Lavender Essential Oil in our lives. There are so many different things that you can do with it. I feel like I learn something new every single day!
Tell me your favorite way to use Lavender Essential Oil!
Speaking of essential oils, we have a great deal going on right now if you are interested in signing up with Young Living and getting essential oils at whole prices (24% off retail)! Once you join and become part of our extremely supportive team, we have some great freebies for our team members! Learn more here.