5 Last Minute Entertaining Ideas
Since we moved into our new house last year, we have done a lot more entertaining. A lot of it is due to having a bit space for hosting get-togethers. The other has to do with the fact that we live within walking distance or just a short drive from many of our friends and family.
Do people just stop by from time to time? Definitely! Am I always prepared? I wish I could say I was supermom and superwife ready to host a party at any moment. But it’s just not true! Still, there are 5 things I definitely do when I’m in a time crunch and need last minute entertaining ideas!
- Keep some basics on hand in the pantry and refrigerator. I’ve learned that by keeping a few staples stocked in our kitchen, I always have something on hand to whip up when company drops in. Some of my favorite staples include pasta, pasta sauce, cheese, boxed cake mix, pie filling, and cool whip. With these basics you can whip up some appetizers, a quick meal, and dessert!
- Order takeout or delivery. Is it cheating? No way! No one said everything had to be made from scratch for people to have a good time. It’s usually more about the company than the food anyway. Although food is a great perk. So place an order, pick it up, and put it into your own serving dishes!
- Set the table. No matter what you do to feed your guests, set the table! Take a look around your house and put together a quick centerpiece. Those candles on the mantle are perfect to go in the middle of the table. Lay out some placemats and add your serving dishes! Easy and no purchase necessary!
- Only freshen up. Don’t worry about the entire house being spotless. Focus on the areas where your guests will be. Close bedroom doors. Turn over the couch cushions. Sweep the entry way. Open the windows to freshen things up and light a few candles.
- Get the kids involved. If the house needs to be picked up, make it a game. Offer the kids a reward for helping tidy the house. If you need decor, get crafty with the kids! They might not make the most refined decor but they will give it heart.
The LG Blast Chiller refrigerator is another great way to be prepared for those unexpected guests! It has the ability to chill a soda in 5 minutes and a bottle of wine in 8 minutes! Most other refrigerators and freezers take around 40 minutes! So while you’re preparing some food and getting the house in order, the drinks will be read for your guests to have a blast and chill out!
To learn more about the LG Blast Chiller, visit lgblastchiller.com or like LG on Facebook. You’ll find entertaining blast or chill content and you can also share your own blast or chill moments!
The LG Blast Chiller, available in the 3-Door Super Capacity French-Door refrigerator (LFX31935), can chill a room temperature, 12oz beverage in five minutes or a bottle of wine in just eight minutes. By comparison, a typical refrigerator takes about 40 minutes to accomplish this task – even in the freezer. This refrigerator is also among the largest capacity 36-inch refrigerators currently on the market, offering almost 20 percent more space and the ability to store over 50 gallons of milk.
Tell me about your favorite last minute entertaining tips!
Formula Mom Disclosure: Compensation was provided by LG via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of LG.