Disney provided me with a trip to Los Angeles to cover the Monsters University event and film. Most expenses were paid however all thoughts and experiences are my own.
Did you read about my Monsters University Premiere experience yesterday? I was just a bit excited about Disney’s Monsters University.
As a student, I grew up experiencing that back to school excitement. And when I decided to become a teacher, I made sure I would get plenty more of that excitement for years to come. There is just something about aisle after aisle of brand new school supplies. It does something to me.
I have been waiting months for Monsters University to hit the theaters. Ever since I had the opportunity to see Monsters, Inc. in 3D last year, the excitement has been building. Something to do with my love of back to school season, perhaps?
I couldn’t wait to get the backstory on two of my favorite monsters, Mike Wazowski (voiced by BIlly Crystal) and James P. Sullivan aka Sulley (voiced by John Goodman). They have proven to be such a fab duo that I just had to see where it all began.
So why see a movie about going to school right as summer vacation has begun?
5 Reasons to See Monsters University This Summer
- Growing up is all about friendships. Some of the best friendships start off on a rocky road. The challenges we face together can be helps you find the friend you can depend on for the long haul. Mike and Sulley are a great example of that.
- College shenanigans are entertaining any time of the year whether it’s fall, spring break, or summer vacation. And this is a fun G-rated college experience that works for the entire family.
- The film is definitely family friendly. Though there are some tense moments especially near the end. Roaring and scaring are involved. So remember how loud sound can be in the theater and plan accordingly.
- The overall message of the film is a great one. It shows how people can come together and focus on their strengths rather than weaknesses. It shows how those who don’t feel they fit in can find a place and achieve great things.
- The theater is air conditioned! In the middle of a Houston summer, heading to the movies is definitely a great way to stay cool and get in some great lauughs.
So, what does this teacher think of going back to school with Monsters University? Do it! How many colleges are rated G anyway? Not very many!
So join Mike and Sulley and see where it all began!
Have you seen Monsters University yet? Who will you take “back to school” with you?
Disclosure: Disney provided me with a trip to cover the film premiere. However all thoughts and experiences are my own.