Summer is a great time to get the family outdoors. There are an endless number of things to do during the warm summer weather. Some can get expensive though! Theme parks and water parks are pricey these days! But there are plenty of things you can do outside with the family without spending much money!
Here are 10 of my favorite ideas for affordable family fun outdoors! They cost little to nothing and don’t need much planning either. Plus they are great for kids (and adults) of all ages.
- Grab the camera and go on a nature walk around the neighborhood.
- Take of your shoes and walk barefoot through the grass.
- Lay on your back in the grass and look for shapes in the clouds.
- Go to a local playground.
- Have a sunset picnic at the park or playground.
- Pitch a tent in the backyard and have a camp out!
- Go on a bug hunt in your own yard.
- When it rains, get outside! No one will melt!
- Make mud pies.
- Give the kids a bubble bath. (This one is indoors but will probably be necessary after a day outside!)