Affordable Family Fun in Houston
I’m always on the hunt for ways to have fun with the family without spending much money! There are great ways to spend time together no matter what your budget! We have discovered a number of great things to do around Houston! Here are 5 of our current faves!
- Waterway Square, The Woodlands – I absolutely love taking W down to Waterway Square. We live just a few minutes away so it’s a quick drive over. On warm days, he can play at the splash pad. In the evenings, J and I can spend some quality time together enjoying one of the restaurants nearby followed by a walk along the water. You can even hear concerts from the Pavilion as you walk along the waterway. There are sometimes family movie nights and live music as well!
- Mercer Arboretum, Spring – Mercer Arboretum is a gorgeous place to spend the day when the weather cools off. My whole family enjoys it. Grambo loves walking through and looking at all of the plants. W loves playing at the playground across the street. The playground area also features a great picnic area making it a very affordable way to get outside with the family.
- Bouncin’ Bears, Spring – W is always on the go! He loves to climb and run! That is why I love Bouncin’ Bears. It’s a great place for him to do what he is best at — play! The have a toddler section with inflatables that are specifically for kids 3 and younger. The older kids are not allowed to play in that area so the younger ones have a safe place to have a blast! Kids under 18 months are free, 18 months to 6 years are $5, and 7 and older are $8! It’s an affordable way to wear your child out!
- Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, The Woodlands – Most people are familiar with all of the great concerts at the Pavilion, but I love that they offer a variety of free and affordable family events. From free concerts courtesy of the Houston Symphony to the Children’s Festival there are so many ways to have fun without spending much at all!
- Free afternoons at the Houston Zoo, Houston – On the first Tuesday of each month, the Houston Zoo offers free admission from 2pm until closing. I love going to the zoo. We can bring our own food and W loves the animals. Free admission sweetens the deal and makes it one of the most affordable family evenings you can have in town!
With High Yield Free Checking from Capital One Bank, you can earn Interest 5X the national average, guaranteed for a year, and have access to free ATMs anywhere. Learn More about HYFC and where you can open in Houston. Click here to learn more.
What do you do to have affordable family fun where you live?
Formula Mom Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Capital One via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Capital One.