Baby Beach Bag Essentials is sponsored by Huggies. All thoughts and experiences are my own.
Summer is in full swing and this year we’ve been hanging out around the water more than I ever expected. While we haven’t been to the beach quite yet, our beach bag has been getting plenty of use as we visit friends with pools. Both W and C have been little water babies this summer and their loving it. It’s given me more than a few opportunities to pack a swim bag.
It took a few tries but I think I’ve finally figured out what items make up our baby beach bag essentials. Now I just have to make sure I don’t forget the camera!
Baby Beach Bag Essentials
I usually take our diaper with us to the pool or beach so I have our daily basics. But there are a few extra essentials that come into play when it comes to water and sand! So what’s in our beach bag?
- Sunscreen – This seems like such a basic for the beach or pool bag but it’s always the first thing I make sure I pack. It’s been left behind a few times and it’s even more important now that I’ve got baby C along for the summer adventures!
- Sunglasses & hats – I’ll admit that these weren’t essentials in our bag until about our third trip to the pool. Yes, it took me two pool visits listening to W complain about how he needed sunglasses and stealing my hat for me to get it together. Now I have them with me, even if he doesn’t want to wear them!
- Bug spray – The first time we hit the pool I was so worried about sunscreen that I didn’t bring any bug spray. And those mosquitos sure do love me and my little man. So this one is always in the bag these days!
- Hand sanitizer – It may not be soap and water but at least it gives me something to help clean hands that seem to get into all sorts of things when we’re near the water.
- Baby powder – I don’t use baby powder during diaper changes but love to have a little bottle on hand when we hit the beach. It works great for getting sand off of little bodies and feet. Well, it works well for me too!
- Gallon size zipper bags – They come in handy for wet clothes and wet swimsuits. I also love packing extra clothes for the kids in bags to protect them from the sand and water!
- Baby wipes – These are a must. Maybe the most important item in my beach bag. They are not only convenient for diaper changes but for cleaning off sandy hands and for cleaning my hands after applying sunscreen. They are also great for when W enjoys a slightly melted snack and a napkin just won’t cut it.
Of course, our pool bag also includes the basics like towels and swim floats for the kids, but the essentials are the items that are most likely to get left behind. At least our baby wipes are always handy these days because of our new Huggies Clutch ‘n’ Clean* Wipes! Huggies® Wipes come in new portable designs that are perfect for stylishly tackling messes while out and about. They are also super convenient when we’re out and about.
My favorite feature is still the strap! It makes it so easy to hook onto the diaper bag or the beach bag which means I always have baby wipes on hand!
What are your beach bag essentials this summer?