Baked Doughnut Recipe
DOUGHNUTS! Yes, that was in capital letters because I was shouting. I love doughnuts. I won’t even deny it. Recently I’ve actually discovered a love for cake doughnuts. Is that what happens as we get older? I’m not sure but I do know I’ve never met a doughnut I didn’t like. So when I found out there was a baked doughnut recipe, I was thrilled.
Baking is always healthier than frying. And I’m always trying to make tiny changes to make treats just a bit better for us. So when Krista from Everyday Mom’s Meals shared about her new doughnut pan, I was all ears! Now I just need to get my own doughnut pan and get baking!
Cinnamon Sugar Baked Donuts
What you need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TBS butter, melted
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
What you do:
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, milk, vanilla, and butter.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix to combine.
- Spray doughnut pan with cooking spray. Fill each space 3/4 full with batter. Smooth tops with spoon.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until no longer shiny and doughnuts “spring back” when touched.
- Allow to cool slightly and remove from pan.
- Dip each doughnut into melted butter and then sugar mixture.
- Place on cooling rack to set.