Our delicious Baked Oatmeal Granola Recipe is part of my participation in Mom Blog Tour at the Summer Fancy Food Show (#MomBlogTourFF) on behalf of Wendy’s Bloggers and we received McCann‘s® Irish Oatmeal products to facilitate my review.
Delicious Baked Oatmeal Granola Recipe
I’m a huge fan of all things oatmeal. It’s one of my morning staples and once I discovered the steel cut variety, I had a new love. McCann’s® Steel Cut Irish Oats are so rich with their unique, nutty taste. Plus I love that they are minimally processed, nothing added, nothing artificial.
So it was the perfect ingredient for a tasty snack idea with our baked oatmeal granola recipe! McCann’s Irish Oatmeal packs the flavor punch that really makes this snack delicious!
McCann’s Irish Oatmeal has been warming the hearts, minds and souls of the most discriminating oatmeal lovers for more than 150 years which is why I was excited to discover the brand this summer. It’s made from 100% whole grain Irish oats and contains all the goodness that more processing might remove.
What You Need:
- 3 Cups McCann’s Steel Cut Irish Oats
- 2 Cups mixed nuts (cashews, almonds, peanuts)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup original applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 organic honey
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/4 cup raisins
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 300° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together McCann’s Irish Oatmeal, nuts, sea salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together applesauce, vanilla, honey, and coconut oil.
- Pour liquid ingredients your dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour granola onto the baking pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Use a spatula to flip the granola and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Flip once more and finish baking for another 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle raisins and cranberries on top.
- Press granola down onto the baking pan with a spatula and let cool completely.
- Break apart and enjoy!
It’s a great recipe to bake on a cool fall afternoon because it fills the house with great smells. Trust me, your whole family will want to try some baked oatmeal granola clusters once you start baking!
We’ll definitely be making baked oatmeal granola again but until then, McCann’s Irish Oatmeal has become almost a daily affair in our home thanks to their Microwaveable Oatmeal Cups! I love an easy breakfast option and we’re loving the flavored varieties. They’re available in Original, Maple Brown Sugar, Vanilla Honey, and Apple Cinnamon flavors!
They’re so fast and easy that it’s simple to have a delicious breakfast every morning! You can take them to work or even when you’re traveling because all you need is a microwave!
Enter to Win
One lucky reader will win a great prize pack! Use the form below to enter for your chance to win! To learn more about McCann’s Irish Oatmeal, visit the website and connect on social media!
- Giveaway Ends: October 5, 2016
- Prize: Apron, power pack on-the-go phone charger, Non-GMO Steel Cut Oats in traditional 28 oz. tin, Quick & Easy Steel Cut Oats, Gluten-free Oats, & Microwaveable Oatmeal Cups (approximate value $63)
- Number of Prizes Available: 1
- Max Entries Per Day: 1
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”true” description=”true”]
One winner per household, email address, or home address. If you have won this prize on another blog you are ineligible to win again. Winner must have a U.S.-based address to receive the prize.
OFFICIAL RULES: No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win this sweepstakes. By entering this promotion, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these official rules. Limit one daily entry per person. Entry open to anyone 18 years of age and over, US only. Giveaway ends at 11:59pm CDT on October 5, 2016. Winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries and will have 48 hours to respond to email notification. Giveaway is sponsored by McCann’s Irish Oatmeal; The Simple Parent is not responsible for prize fulfillment.