It’s coming — the time of year that kids everywhere look forward to and the stretch of days that leaves some parents sweating nervously. Winter Break. The days leading up to the holidays are often filled with excitement but then Winter Break lasts for at least another week. Even with new toys, there still seem to be plenty of complaints about being bored. Not this year! Try one of these fun winter break bucket list ideas for kids and kick boredom to the curb!
Winter Break Bucket List for Kids
Some of these winter break bucket list ideas are great for snowy days so you can keep it in your back pocket for snow days too! If you live in area where it doesn’t snow (like here in Houston) there are plenty of activities on this list for you to do as well!
Winter doesn’t have to have snow to be fun! But if you’re stuck inside during winter break, try one of these fun activities!
- Make your own DIY Christmas ornaments.
- Use Q-tips to paint a snowman.
- Set up a nature table with the treasures the kids find outside.
- Make a batch of snowman slime and talk about the melting process with the kiddos.
- If you’re lucky enough to get snow, making snow cream is a must. Try this peppermint snow ice cream.
- Send the toy cars down a snowy ramp.
- Make a sticky window to let the kids create a cool snowscape.
- Use balloons, water, and food coloring to create “colored glass“. They look gorgeous in the snow.
- Whip up a batch of fake snow if a white Christmas isn’t in your forecast.
- Put out some crafting materials for a snowman factory.
By keeping your kids busy, you can make some great winter break memories and banish boredom until they go back to school!