We made Disney/Pixar’s Inside Out Inspired Blue Raspberry Lemonade Cookies as part of my Fandango Family Ambassadorship. I was compensated for my participation however all opinions are my own.
As you know, I fell in love with Disney/Pixar’s Inside Out months and months ago. I’ve been counting down the days until I could take Weston to see the movie. I’ve also been counting down the days until I could see how it finally ends after getting to see the first hour of the movie at Pixar Studios earlier this year.
In anticipation of going to the movies this weekend, Weston and I hit the kitchen together to make some Inside Out inspired cookies!
Inside Out Inspired Blue Raspberry Lemonade Cookies
Two of my favorite emotions in the movie are Sadness and Joy. I think Weston will love both of them as well so we used them for inspiration for our latest cake mix cookies!
It worked out great for us because you use flavored gelatin for the cookies and the yellow lemon flavor and the berry blue gelatin are two flavors that pair so well together!
Check out how easy it is to make your own batch of Blue Raspberry Lemonade Cookies!
What You Need:
- 1 box white cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 box lemon gelatin
- 1 box berry blue or blue raspberry gelatin
- food coloring, if desired
What You Do:
1. Heat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix the cake mix, eggs, and oil together in a bowl until well mixed.
3. Divide the cookie dough in half and put in two smaller bowls.
4. Add 3/4 of the lemon gelatin to one bowl of cookie dough and mix thoroughly. If you’d like more of a yellow color, add a few drops of yellow food coloring.
5. Mix 3/4 of the berry blue gelatin into the other bowl of cookie dough. Add a few drops of blue food coloring for a more blue color.
6. Use a small cookie scoop to scoop out the cookie dough. Split each scoop in half and then press one lemon half together with one berry blue half. Place rounded ball of cookie dough on baking sheet.
7. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. If you over bake them the cookies will begin to brown on top. If you’re frosting them you won’t have to worry about that though.
8. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack. Then enjoy!
These cookies are moist enough to enjoy without frosting but they are great to frost and decorate too! You could even give them faces and decorate the cookies to be Joy from Inside Out. Yellow skin and blue hair and they definitely look like, Joy. Don’t they?
No matter how you choose to decorate them or not, they are absolutely delicious! And they are easy enough to let the kids help with!
So make them before you hit the movie theater or after you’ve seen Inside Out together for some more family fun! You can talk more about emotions with your kids and share your favorite parts of the movie!