Back to School Breakfast Tacos
Back to school is a busy time so it’s great to start kids off with a warm, hearty breakfast. Krista of Everyday Mom’s Meals came up with a great breakfast tacos recipe while trying to recreate a meal her son had enjoyed at a restaurant. He liked the breakfast burritos so much that she felt inspired to try her hand at it!
Breakfast Tacos Recipe
What you need:
- 8 large eggs
- 1 lb. bulk pork sausage, mild or hot
- 2 TBS heavy cream
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 4 small tomatoes, seeded, chopped and divided
- 1/3 c. taco blend cheese, plus more for topping
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 8 flour tortillas, soft taco size
What you do:
- In a large skillet, brown sausage until no longer pink. Drain.
- In same skillet, saute’ peppers and half of the tomatoes until tender.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, cream, 1/3 cup cheese, salt and pepper.
- When veggies are tender, reduce heat to low, and add eggs and sausage.
- Cook on low, constantly stirring until eggs are scrambled and cooked through (about 10 minutes).
- Fill tortillas with egg mixture. Top with raw tomato and extra cheese.