Your Dog Says Buy Purina Treats on Black Friday is a sponsored post by Lunchbox. All opinions and stories are 100% mine.
My first Thanksgiving Day was the best day of my life so far and I am only four months old. My big brother, Toby, filled me in ahead of time on all the goodies waiting, so I was ready and sitting at attention. He told me to sit nicely, look cute, wag my tail and open my mouth. It will work like a charm. My new family knows I deserve a treat because, well… just look at me! But they also know that too many people treats are not healthy for me. So the rest of the year they depend on Purina treats!
Purina Treats on Black Friday at Walmart
While I love love LOVE Purina treats, there are a few things that were safe for me to eat on Thanksgiving.
- Turkey – Thank goodness for this! It has lots of protein. But no skin or bones, please!
- Mashed Potatoes – They have lots of vitamins and fiber. But butter, cream or garlic can upset my tummy. And hold the gravy.
- Green Beans – So nutritional and filling. I think I like green food.
- Apples – Just a small piece for antioxidants and fiber. I love the crunch.
- Pumpkin – I can have a bit of this but not in a pie! No pie for dogs! Mashed pumpkin is great for my digestion.
But there are some foods on the table will not sit right with me so watch out for these during the holidays!
- Nutmeg (in the pumpkin pie) or Sage (in the stuffing) – These spices will make my stomach hurt.
- Nuts – They are high in fat and hard for me to digest. I need to keep my puppy body lean and strong.
- Onions – Who knew they were bad for me! No onion breath for me!
- Chocolate – Especially dark chocolate! It has caffeine, which I can’t break down to excrete.
- Alcohol – Hopefully you can figure this one out on your own.
Purina Treats for the Holidays
On Black Friday and Cyber Monday, my family will be waiting to get treats for me and Toby at Walmart or on the Purina Pet Park at Walmart.com. The savings are fantastic!
I heard they’re going to have great deals and savings on some of my favorite treats, including:
- Purina Busy Bone (7 oz)
- Purina Alpo Variety Snaps Little Bites (32 oz)
- Purina Beggin Strips (25 oz)
- Purina Beneful Healthy Smile Dental Dog Snacks (24 ct)
My mom and dad like giving me these treats because they are complete and balanced nutrition. I like them because they are so yummy. I could even learn some new tricks to get them! Oh wait, I haven’t even learned any old tricks yet!