Celebrate National Cereal Day is sponsored by Honey Bunches of Oats and is 100% my own opinions.
March 7th is National Cereal Day! Since we love cereal at our house, my grandkids and I decided to celebrate National Cereal Day with our own “cereal” party. And what better way to party than to eat something delicious. Our favorite cereal is Honey Bunches of Oats, so we started the party with big bowls of their goodness. Then we put on our thinking caps and created a treat for later, Honey Bunches of Oats Good Luck Cereal Treats.
Celebrate National Cereal Day
You can never have too much good luck and good luck is in abundance in the month of March. My grandson had the brilliant idea to color our cereal treats green to symbolize this. Here are the simple and easy ingredients we used for our lucky treats.
What You Need:
- 5 cups Honey Bunches of Oats cereal
- 1/4 cup butter
- 7 oz marshmallow crème
- Green gel food coloring
What You Do:
- Melt butter in 3 qt saucepan.
- Add marshmallow crème and cook over very low heat, stirring constantly, until well blended.
- Add a few drops of green food coloring.
- Add cereal and stir until coated with mixture.
- Press warm mixture lightly into buttered 13×9 pan.
- Cut into squares when cool.
You can find more recipe ideas at www.HoneyBunchesofOats.com
The best part was decorating our treats afterward. Let your imagination run wild, just like my grandkids. Our “cereal” party was a great success.
Fun Cereal Facts
This party looked like an opportunity to teach my grandkids something new. So we also looked up these fun cereal facts:
- 49% of people in the U.S. start their day with a bowl of cereal
- Astronauts from Apollo 11 boosted their brain power while in space with a cereal breakfast. The cereal was mixed with fruit and pressed into cubes since the lack of gravity made it impossible to pour milk into a bowl!
- 2.7 billion boxes of cereal are sold each year; that is enough cereal boxes to wrap around the world 13 times
- The first sweetened cereal was created in 1939 and named Ranger Joe Popped Wheat Honnie
So be creative and party in your own unique style to celebrate National Cereal Day on March 7th! And we wish you good luck!