Our coverage of the 2017 Chicago Polar Plunge & Johnsonville’s #FirstBrats Contest is a sponsored partnership.
We’re thrilled to share with you that Johnsonville partnered with the Special Olympics to sponsor the 2017 Chicago Polar Plunge! We’ve got some great photos from the event as well as information on Johnsonville’s #FirstBrats Contest going on now!
2017 Chicago Polar Plunge
If you haven’t heard of the Chicago Polar Plunge, you should know that people are willing to jump in freezing water all for a good cause.
Johnsonville believes in not letting things like weather stand in the way. They don’t let it stop them from doing what they love which means there were brats grilling at the 2017 Chicago Polar Plunge!
The Polar Plunge benefits Special Olympics Chicago, which aligns directly with the charitable mission of the Big Taste Grill. Participants had the opportunity to enjoy the Johnsonville #FirstBrats of the season to help warm them up! They were served right off the Big Taste Grill!
The Big Taste Grill is a 20-foot tall, 65-foot long grill, which cooks 2,500 brats an hour or 750 bratwurst at a time on its 40 square feet of grilling surface. It was manned by former Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher on the day of the Plunge. How cool is that?
It was a fun day for a great cause!
Johnsonville’s #FirstBrats Contest
Do you love to grill? If you do, then Johnsonville has a fun contest happening now! You could win a year of free lawn care or a year of free snow removal! Those are both chores I think we’d all love help with!
Johnsonville’s #FirstBrats Contest runs through May 15, 2017 and it’s easy to enter! All you have to do is go pick up a pack of your first Johnsonville brats of the season, throw them on the grill, and snap a photo!
There are two ways to enter:
- Online: During the Contest Period, an entrant may visit www.FirstBratsContest.com, enter his/her email address, and follow the instructions to register by entering all information requested on the registration form. After an entrant has registered, he/she may follow the instructions to upload one (1) photo of his/her “first grill of the season”.
- Social Media: During the Contest Period, an entrant may (a) log in to his/her Twitter or Instagram account, follow @Johnsonville on Twitter or @jvillesausage on Instagram (if he/she does not already), and post a Tweet/post that includes one (1) photo of his/her “first grill of the season” and the hashtag “#FirstBratsContest” or (b) log in to his/her Facebook account, visit Sponsor’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/johnsonville/, and post a comment responding to Sponsor’s Invitation Post that includes a photo of his/her “first grill of the season” and the hashtag “#FirstBratsContest.
Limit one (1) prize per person. There is a limit of one (1) entry per entry method per person per calendar day during the Contest period (i.e., an entrant may receive one entry each via www.FirstBratsContest.com, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook) for a total of five (5) entries per day.
Full contest rules can be found at www.FirstBratsContest.com.
To learn more about Johnsonville, connect with them on social media:
- Pinterest: pinterest.com/jvillesausage
- Facebook: facebook.com/Johnsonville
- Instagram: instagram.com/jvillesausage
- Twitter: twitter.com/johnsonville
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.