Chicken and Green Chile Enchiladas
What you need:
1 (1.5 lb) package chicken tenders (You need 3 c. cooked chicken)
Salt and Pepper to taste
8 oz. whipped cream cheese, softened
2 (4oz) cans chopped green chiles, drained
2 TBS chopped cilantro, plus extra for garnish
2 TBS butter
1/2 c. white onion, finely minced
2 TBS flour
1/3 c. chicken broth
1/4 c. milk
1 (7oz) can green enchilada sauce
1/2 c. sour cream
8 oz. Fiesta Blend shredded cheese
7-8 flour tortillas (I could only fit 7 in my pan)
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place chicken tenders on pan, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Gently rub to coat.
- Roast for 30 minutes until juices run clear. Allow to cool 10 minutes and shred using hands, 2 forks, or a stand mixer.
- When chicken is shredded, add cream cheese, 2 cans of chiles, 2 TBS cilantro and mix well. Set aside.
- In a large pot heat butter to medium. Saute onions until tender, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in chicken broth and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil and stir until slightly thickened (about 2 minutes).
- Remove from heat, add enchilada sauce, sour cream, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well to combine until smooth.
- Reduce oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9×13 baking pan and add enough sauce to cover bottom.
- Place 1/3 cup of chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle with about 1 TBS shredded cheese.
- Roll each up and place seam side down in pan.
- Pour cream sauce over top and sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes until brown, bubbly, and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with cilantro to garnish.
What is your favorite mexican food recipe?
Thank you to Krista from Everyday Mom’s Meals for this great recipe!