This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own. Every year from the end of February through the beginning of March, H-E-B stores here in Texas celebrate all the flavors of Texas. Chili is one of our favorite things about this time of year so this Chili Corn Dog Casserole recipe is one that accompanies Texas flavors, and we all seem to enjoy it! Plus it’s so easy to make!
Make Your Own Chili Corn Dog Casserole
If you’re wondering about this TexFest celebration, it’s in honor of the great flavors you can find here in Texas. H-E-B started with one store in Kerrville, Texas in 1905 and continues to focus on all the great food and flavors the state has to offer.
One of our favorite Texas traditions is the chili cook off at the rodeo. I never knew there were so many ways chili could be made. Pairing it with family favorite State Fair® mini corn dogs means I’ve got a simple chili hot dog casserole idea ready for dinner any night!
State Fair corn dogs are made in Texas and are a great source of protein. They’re also kid approved. By adding in the bold flavors of any easy chili, this chili corn dog casserole recipe makes State Fair corn dogs a versatile addition to our TexFest celebration!
Check out how easy it is to make this chili hot dog casserole recipe, then be sure to use this COUPON* to pick up State Fair corn dogs, along with everything else you need at your local H-E-B store!
*Coupon is valid February 22nd – March 21st and is only valid for State Fair corn dogs.
Chili Corn Dog Casserole Ingredients
Check out what you need to make our chili cheese corn dog recipe! It’s so easy to whip up!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can diced tomatoes (15 oz)
- 1 can light red kidney beans (15 oz), drained and rinsed
- 1 packet chili seasoning of choice
- 12 State Fair mini corn dogs
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese (or your favorite variety)
- 2 cups French fried onions
How to Make Chili Corn Dog Casserole
- Heat oven to 400°F and spray a 7×11 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Take State Fair mini corn dogs out of the freezer and allow to sit out while you prepare the chili.
- Brown and drain the ground beef.
- Add tomatoes, kidney beans, and chili seasoning. Mix thoroughly.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer 10-15 minutes.
- While chili simmers, cut each State Fair mini corn dog in half the long way.
- Line pan with corn dogs. Place with hot dog side facing up.
- Once chili is heated thoroughly, pour over corn dogs.
- Sprinkle with cheese and French fried onions.
- Bake 15 minutes then remove from oven and serve.
You’ll have a fun take on the bold Texas chili flavors with this corn dog casserole recipe. Even if you don’t live in Texas, you can enjoy the bold flavors of our great state.
For even more fun, we set the table to celebrate the red, white, and blue Texan colors! If you’re looking to set up a festive table for your TexFest celebration, keep it simple. Whether you’re having a big TexFest cookout celebration or just a meal with your family, keep it simple.
Grab a few bandanas to use as place mats or look in the party aisle for plates and napkins featuring stars! You can even have the kids make place mats by using clear contact paper and construction paper to make flags. Check out our tissue paper flag craft for the basic idea and start celebrating TexFest!
Click the photo below to PIN the chili corn dog casserole recipe for later!