This post brought to you by Groupon Gift Shop. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Formula: Mom.
Every family has different holiday traditions and I know our Christmas Eve might not look like most. I wanted to add a little something to ours this year so I put together a list of eight Christmas Eve Tradition Ideas!
8 Christmas Eve Tradition Ideas
I’ve been using Groupon to come up with ideas for Christmas Gift Experiences because they have so many different local options. From couples massages and spa packages to comedy club and festival tickets, they seem to have something for everyone on my gift list this year. So when it was finally time to start thinking about our Christmas Eve plans, I knew Groupon would probably be able to help us this year!
Some of my favorite Christmas Eve Tradition Ideas include:
- Dinner Together – Enjoying a special meal together whether it’s homemade or take out is one of my favorite things to do on Christmas Eve.
- Christmas Lights – I know we’re not the only family that enjoys driving around and looking at Christmas lights!
- Christmas Pajamas – Everyone needs a new pair of jammies to wear on Christmas Eve!
- Visiting Santa – I know many people visit earlier in December, but we save our visit to Santa for the morning of Christmas Eve.
- Church – We used to go to a late night church service and candle lighting.
- Caroling – When I was younger we loved to go out caroling around the neighborhood.
- Baking Cookies – I think it would be a ton of to bake and decorate cookies for Santa earlier in the day!
- Opening Gifts – This is our tradition now but I know it might be a bit outside of the box for some families.
So when I found a local Mexican restaurant that I have been wanting to try on Groupon I knew I had out Christmas Eve tradition of getting dinner. Then we drive around our neighborhood looking at all of the Christmas lights before going home to open gifts. Christmas day is all about Santa gifts, stockings, and going to Grammy and Grandad’s house.
To surprise my family, I decided that I won’t tell them where we’re going until the morning of Christmas Eve!
I always give the kids new pajamas on the morning of Christmas Eve that they then wear to go see Santa and get breakfast. So this year I’m throwing a little something extra in with their pajamas!
I’m hoping the chips and queso will give enough of a clue for them to guess what I have planned for Christmas Eve dinner this year!
And yes, I’m now addicted to rolling my Groupon vouchers into a scroll and tying with a ribbon. It makes them so much more festive!
So we will be checking out a new restaurant and making more wonderful holiday memories this Christmas Eve!
Groupon also has more than great gifts this holiday season. They also have special giveaways and discounts so make sure to check them out! Then get started making more holiday memories!