In exchange for our review of Circle with Disney, we received the product/service at a reduced price or for free in partnership with Best Buy.
Managing Screen Time with Circle with Disney
Some of my teaching experience includes a few years in the computer lab teaching kindergarten through fourth grade. I know how integral technology is in the lives of our kids.
Our family is definitely a well-connected family. It would be tough for us to tell the kids they couldn’t have some screen time when we’re pretty involved in ours. So instead we’re all about managing screen time.
This has been a challenge for me until recently.
Enter Circle with Disney.
Circle with Disney Features
Now that it’s summer, both kids have a bit more free time. That meant I really needed to get on top of some screen time limits. Otherwise, Weston would want to spend all day on his tablet!
What I really wanted was an app or something that would help me place limits. I’ll admit that I need a little technology to back up my parenting skills. Weston is more receptive to me saying the internet isn’t working than anything else!
Just being honest about that. Screen time is a challenging area for me as a parent.
So how does this little magical device help me manage screen time? Check out some of the features of Circle with Disney:
- BedTime: With Circle’s BedTime feature, no more asking every night for kids to get off their devices. When BedTime kicks in devices say goodnight all on their own.
- Filter: Set individual filter levels for each family member that matches their age and interests. Do it once and it will apply to every one of their devices.
- Pause: Yes, you actually get a pause button for the internet. Pause one of your kids because it’s time for homework or everyone because it’s game night. Either way, Circle has your back.
- Insights: Circle Insights gives you the ability to compare time online today, last week, or even last month. Per site or by interest. You can even find out where you waste time the most.
Circle with Disney helps me manage all of the devices we have connected in our house. Yep, I can even manage my own device! Sometimes I think I might need to turn on the BedTime feature for myself!
I can’t be the only parent who finds themselves staying up a little bit later than planned once the kids have gone to bed, right?
The best part about Circle with Disney is that it’s so easy to use. It pairs with our home Wi-Fi network and lets us manage every device that’s connected to our network. This includes both wired and wireless devices and there is no software to install!
Talk about easy!
Some other things I love include:
- Set up individual time limits (even across devices!)
- Set limits on both websites and apps
- Can set limits on categories (like social media, games, chat, etc.)
- Get notifications when limits have been reached
- Allows users to view time limits
- Enable age-appropriate filters that can also be customized
- Filter popular Apps and Platforms
- Block ads
- Give rewards such as extra screen time, later BedTime, or turning off OffTime
It’s really easy to customize to meet the needs of your family. I know families with older kids have different tech needs than we do with our younger kids. Circle with Disney has families of all kids covered!
Manage Screen Time on the Go
We’re a busy family which means sometimes our devices are on the go with us! This is always the case when we travel.
In the name of consistency, I always wanted a way to manage screen time while we were traveling or just out and about (perhaps visiting the grandparents).
As part of my review of Circle with Disney for Best Buy, they also provided a subscription to Circle Go. I’ve known about Circle with Disney for about a year, but this was my first experience with Circle Go!
Circle Go makes it possible for me to manage the kids’ devices no matter where they go! It takes all of the settings from the devices and extends them to 4G LTE and other Wi-Fi networks they might join.
We put it to the test on a recent trip to Disney and I was able to keep all of our screen time in check! Learn more about Circle Go and how it works!
For more ways that technology makes our lives a bit easier, check out some of our favorite busy mom apps!