Last month when I was in San Francisco for the Rogue One: A Star Wars Story press event, I had another opportunity to visit the Walt Disney Family Museum. We got the chance to explore the Disney Pinocchio art featured in Wish Upon a Star: The Art of Pinocchio exhibition.
I had the chance to visit the Walt Disney Family Museum once before and I can tell you that it was just as amazing the second time around. I’m pretty sure this is a museum you can visit again and again, and always see something new!
With Pinocchio joining the Walt Disney Signature Collection this month, it’s the perfect time to remember this amazing Disney film so many of us grew up with!
Disney Pinocchio Art at Walt Disney Family Museum
Wish Upon a Star: The Art of Pinocchio was a limited exhibition featuring Disney Pinocchio art, images, pictures, and other items from the film’s history.
It featured over 300 objects, including Disney Pinocchio images and pictures, that gave a special look into everything from the settings and color to the mood and character relationships. Disney’s Pinocchio has been entertaining audiences of all ages for over 75 years so it was amazing to get to look at what went into making it!
What’s So Important About Disney Pinocchio Images & Art?
Disney’s Pinocchio is one of the most influential animated films that was produced. It inspired advances in the areas of character development and three-dimensional design! Remember, the film was made back in 1940, definitely the pre-digital era!
What this means is that Disney Pinocchio pictures and art is truly part of Disney history!
And if you’re a Pinocchio fan but didn’t get a chance to catch the gorgeous Disney Pinocchio art in the exhibition, you don’t need to worry! The Walt Disney Family Museum has some wonderful other Disney Pinocchio collectibles that share the history of the film every day!
More About The Walt Disney Family Museum
If you’re a Disney fan and visiting the San Francisco area, you should definitely make a stop at The Walt Disney Family Museum. It’s an amazing walk through the history of the franchise we know and love today!
- Hours: Open Wednesdays through Monday 10am – 6pm (Closed New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas)
- Members: Museum and special exhibition admission is free for members
- General admission + special exhibition: Adults: $30, Seniors/Students: $25, Ages 6-17: $22, Under 5: Free
- General admission: Adults: $20, Seniors/Students: $15, Ages 6-17: $12, Under 5: Free
- Stand-alone special exhibition ticket: $10 for all ages
- Audio guide: free for members as download, $7 audio guide rental for members and non-members
Connect with The Walt Disney Family Museum:
- Website: http://waltdisney.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wdfmuseum
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/wdfmuseum
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wdfmuseum/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/WDFMuseum
If you’re a huge fan of the movie, you’ll be excited to know that the movie joins the Walt Disney Signature Collection this month! Now it will delight a whole new generation of dreamers with its masterful animation, unforgettable characters and award-winning music. The movie which inspired the world to wish upon a star, arrives for the first time on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere on January 10th, and on Blu-ray™ and DVD on January 31st with hours of new and classic bonus features!