Recently I shared some of my tips for making breakfast easier around our house once school starts. I mentioned that we love buying products with Box Tops for Education™ on them so we can clip them and give back while getting our mornings started right! But if you’re like me, you toss the box tops in a bag or maybe a drawer somewhere and organizing them turns into a huge project later on. To avoid that this year, I put together a simple Box Tops for Education collection center!
DIY BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION COLLECTION CENTER
We collect Box Tops for Weston’s school so they can use them to earn funds for any projects they might have on their needs list. When I was teaching, our PTO saved up for new playground equipment that is so well loved!
It’s so easy to tear Box Tops off all of our General Mills® products and start collecting them. But then when it’s time to trim and count them, I have to admit that I often let the project go too long. Then there are so many to trim and turn in! But now we have an easy solution and it’s simple to make your own!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- School supply caddy with three compartments
- Small pair of scissors
- Permanent marker
- Snack size zipper bags
- Box Tops for Education
WHAT YOU DO:
- Place scissors, permanent marker, and snack bags in one small compartment of the school supply caddy.
- As you tear your Box Tops off of your packages, drop them into one of the small compartments in the school supply caddy.
- When the compartment is full, it’s time to trim and count your Box Tops!
- Use the scissors to trim your Box Tops nicely.
- Count your Box Tops and place them in a snack bag. Label the bag as desired by your school and place in the large compartment of the school supply caddy.
When your kids are ready to take their Box Tops to school, you’ll already have them counted and labeled. No need for it to be a big project if you do it every time the small compartment is full!
Right now is a great time to stock up on Box Tops by stocking up on select General Mills® products at Walmart with the Bonus Box Tops offer! You can get five Box Tops instead of one! It’s a great way to get the products you depend on in your home while giving back even more to your child’s school!
Learn more about Box Tops at Walmart and start helping your child’s school while you shop!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of General Mills®. The opinions and text are all mine.