Disclosure: This Christmas in a Jar craft post is sponsored on behalf of Dollar Tree. All thoughts and experiences are my own.
If you love festive yet frugal Christmas crafts, then this one is for you. Nothing packs the charm of the holidays in a little jar quite like this DIY Christmas in a Jar craft does. With just a few Dollar Tree supplies, you can whip up a Christmascape to display all winter long. Take a look below at how easy it is to make your very own.
Christmas in a Jar
What you need:
- Clear glass mason jar
- White glitter
- Mini gingerbread or town house
- Small bottle brush tree
- Glitter snow fabric
Our Dollar Tree carried all of these supplies, mostly in their holiday decor section. There are a variety of Christmas town houses to choose from, as well as various color bottle brush trees. Get creative and choose the items you think will be best for your Christmas scene.
What you do:
- Begin by cutting a section of glitter snow fabric for your jar. Tuck it deep into the jar and use a ruler or spoon to press it flat.
- Place your decorative items in the jar. This would include your tree, your house, and other miniatures that appeal to you. You can add a dab of glue if you wish to really secure them well. If you want some flexibility to take items out later, then just press them in unglued.
- Take a teaspoon or so of white or even silver glitter and toss it in the jar for a glittering snow effect.
- Place the lid back on the jar tightly.
You can add additional embellishments if you wish including some fabric on the top of the jar, some ribbon, or a homemade tag. For our sample project, we cut a circle of the glitter snow fabric and covered the jar top with it. We then took scissors to trim and ruffle it up a bit.
These are so fun to create and gift to people wanting to decorate a small space such as an office desk or cubicle where some holiday charm is needed. They even make great teacher’s gifts. So head to your local Dollar Tree and give this fun and frugal Christmascape in a Jar a try!