Family Movie Night
I love family traditions and as W is getting older, I have been trying to come up with new ideas that can become our traditions. One of our favorite traditions is family movie night. It’s one of the easiest things to do and W just recently started watching most of the movie when we put on one.
With Easter right around the corner, we recently ordered an Easter-themed movie we had been wanting to see. It was the perfect inspiration for a family movie night! We have a must-haves when it comes to our movie nights. They include:
- Pizza or finger foods. We usually pick up pizza or make our own. The other meals we like are finger foods such as appetizers or dinner that is smaller like muffin tin lasagna or baked wonton tacos.
- Popcorn. Popcorn is the one thing Grambo always has to have when watching a movie at home or in the theater. And Pop Secret is definitely the secret to movie night in our house. Even after eating dinner, we have to have our popcorn to munch on.
- Sweet treats. And for some reason (my sweet tooth, perhaps), a family movie night is never complete without something for dessert! I love making things that I can get W involved in as well.
Easter Family Movie Night Ideas
With the basics covered, I was ready to create a special movie night in honor of all things Easter bunny for my family!
It was actually very easy to turn our usual movie night into an Easter movie night. We popped up our usual bag of Pop Secret but then I shooed everyone out of the kitchen and popped up a second bag! After it cooled, I used it to make a special sweet treat — Bunny Bait! It went perfectly with our movie about the Easter Bunny. It was also the perfect balance of salty and sweet.
Of course, no matter how great I think something is, the true test is the Toddler Taste Test. If it can pass that test, then I know a recipe is a keeper!
So, how did the Bunny Bait fair?
It was a huge success! Everyone in the family, including W, enjoyed it. And it went perfectly with the theme of the night. I’m actually thinking I might make some to take to our family Easter celebration this year as well! It’s that easy to make!
So, if you’re looking for a new family tradition this Easter, plan your own family movie night! All you need is:
- Family friendly Easter movie
- Popcorn (served in Easter baskets or spring colored bowls)
- Your favorite Easter candy (or try the Bunny Bait!)
- Craft supplies (paper plate bunnies or construction paper eggs are easy and fun!)
- Your family!
It’s a simple way to celebrate the holiday with the family. Affordable family fun that can lead to some great memories for years to come!
What is a must-have at your family movie night?
At Pop Secret, we love movies as much as you love movies. So we’re on a mission to make movie watching and popcorn even more social and fun. We’re sharing a bunch of apps, tools, and fun partnerships with everyone over at our hub, Pop Secret Labs (http://www.popsecretlabs.com/). Keep checking back to try ‘em all out and give us feedback. The more you get involved, the better all of our movie experiences will be. See you there!
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Pop Secret via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Pop Secret.