Back to School is right around the corner and Weston starts Kindergarten this year! I’m on the hunt for some ideas to make the first day special. The catch is that they have to be easy because that’s how we do things around here. Our fun (and adorable) Apple Bagels are one of the easiest back to school breakfast ideas I’ve tried!
Easy Back to School Breakfast Idea
If your kids are picky eaters, you just might convince them to have a little bit to eat on the first day of school. This back to school breakfast idea makes it too fun to resist!
You’ll see in the list of ingredients that you need green fondant. It’s easy to work with but you can save a few minutes of prep time by just getting sparkle gel in green as well as black. Draw on small leaves and go!
This is a great first day of school tradition to start because it’s easy! You need easy during the craziness of that first morning! We have more ideas for first day school traditions if you’re looking to start one with your kids this year!
These are super easy to make and you could easily make green apples instead of red just by changing up your food coloring! We’ve included some affiliate links for the supplies you might need! Thanks in advance for your support if you shop from them!
Now check out how easy it is to make a fun back to school breakfast!
What You Need:
- Plain bagels
- Cream cheese
- Green fondant (you can also make it a bit easier by just getting green gel icing too)
- Black gel icing
- Red gel food coloring
What You Do:
- Slice your bagels in half and toast if desired.
- Mix a few drop of food coloring into your cream cheese container.
- Spread your red cream cheese on the bagel halves.
- Roll out a few small pieces of green fondant into very small balls, then mold them into leaf shapes, and use a butter knife to indent a leaf pattern into the fondant leaves.
- Place one fondant leaf on the top of each bagel.
- Then use the black gel icing to draw a stem with a little swirl on the end by each leaf.
- Serve and have a wonderful day at school!
Bagels are a great breakfast option for the kids and you can have a lot of fun with them too! This back to school breakfast idea is just one way to make them fun! Turn them into pumpkins for Halloween, ornaments for Christmas, or even donuts without having to buy donuts! (White cream cheese with sprinkles or using your icing to draw on sprinkles works great for this!)
We hope you have a great start to the new school year! Check out our Back to School Pinterest board for more fun ideas!