Baseball season is right around the corner and I have a couple of fans in my house! Justin has dreamed of the day that Weston would be old enough to be interested in his favorite game. So far it seems to be working out for them! So while they were out running errands the other day, I whipped up some easy baseball cookies to surprise both of them!
Easy Baseball Cookies
It was a spur of the moment idea but I’ve learned that sometimes they are some of the best! Plus these were super easy to make and I didn’t even have to bake anything! It can’t get much easier than that!
What You Need:
- Vanilla wafer cookies (or any round cookie with a plain top like sugar cookies)
- Red Icing Writer (get a four pack of basic colors on Amazon – affiliate link) or Red Food Decorator pen (buy our favorite set of Food Decorator Pens on Amazon with my affiliate link!)
Okay this is where it gets really easy to impress the kids!
What You Do:
- Using the red icing writer or red food decorating pen, draw a semi-circle on one side of the cookie. Then draw a second curve on the other side of the cookie.
- Draw small straight lines along the curves to make the stitches on the baseball.
- Let sit for a few minutes if using the icing write so the icing can harden.
Weston was thrilled to get to have baseball cookies for his snack. And Justin seemed to like them too! It just reminded me that sometimes doing something pretty simple can turn an ordinary day into a special one!
And it helped get everyone excited about baseball season again! Weston can’t wait to go to his first game this season!
Tell me about the baseball fans in your family!