Easy Lemon Bars
Oh lemon bars, let me count the ways I love thee. Seriously, if it’s baked and has lemon, I’m bound to love it. There are some store-bought lemon cookies that are like my kryptonite. I could eat the entire package because they are so soft and so lemony. Is lemony a word? Well, it is now! So when Krista from Everyday Mom’s Meals told me about her Easy Lemon Bars inspired by The Country Cook, I was hooked.
Why was I hooked? Two words. Easy. Lemon. Those two words were all it took for me to be interested. A quick look over the ingredient list (only 3 ingredients?) and I was ready to jump on board! Anything with a short ingredient list and cake mix as one of the ingredients is my kind of recipe.
I’m the semi-homemade type, so I love taking products I can buy in the store that need little prep and whipping up something delicious for my family. I also love learning about new ways to use cake mix! I have come to find out that there are tons of different ways to use it without actually making a cake!
So, with a box of cake mix, a can of pie filling, and some butter. you can make easy lemon bars to wow your family!
What you need:
- 1 (21 oz) can lemon pie filling
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1 stick butter, softened
What you do:
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease a 9×13 pan well.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the box of dry cake mix and butter. Using a spoon and your fingers, mix well until crumbly mixture forms.
- Measure out a 1/2 cup of the mixture and set it aside. Pour remaining mixture into greased pan and press down to form a crust.
- Pour pie filling over and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining crumbles over top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until top is slightly golden.
- Serve warm or allow to cool. Refrigerate leftovers.
What is your favorite lemon treat?