Easy Mango Cobbler is part of my participation in Mom Blog Tour at the Summer Fancy Food Show (#MomBlogTourFF) on behalf of Wendy’s Bloggers and received DOLE Fruit n’ Spice products to facilitate my review.
Easy Mango Cobbler Recipe
I have a sweet tooth and am a huge fan of dessert! As I think ahead to the cooler months and the holidays, all I can think of are pies and cobblers. I love them this time of year and it doesn’t have to be complicated to make one of your own! For this one I used DOLE Fruit N’ Spice Chili Lime Mango Chunks to add a little spice to the mix. It turned out really well too!
DOLE Fruit N’ Spice are all natural, real frozen fruit that is combined with chef-inspired spice blends. You can also pick up Honey Lime Pineapple Chunks and Cinnamon Apple Slices.
I have to admit that I love to eat those two flavors straight from a bag for a snack! It’s true! But they’re also great for using in recipes so this Mango Cobbler was a fun one to make!
What You Need:
- 4 Cups Dole Fruit N’ Spice Chili Lime Mango Chunks
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup dry easy oats
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cold cubed butter
What You Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350° and spray the bottom of a small baking dish with a nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bottom of the baking dish mix Fruit N’ Spice Chili Lime Mango Chunks, sugar, flour, and lemon juice until the fruit is well coated.
- In a separate mixing bowl mix together the oats, flour, brown sugar, vanilla, and butter (the butter is supposed to be cold and hard to mix, try using your fingertips).
- Scoop the topping mix onto the fruit, spreading the butter out as much as you can.
- Bake for one hour, let slightly cool, and serve warm. Top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for extra tastiness!
One thing I really love about this recipe (besides the ease) is that you can swap out your Fruit N’ Spice Chili Lime Mango Chunks with either of the other varieties for a different cobbler flavor! That’s really three cobbler options in one! Though this Mango Cobbler was delicious so we’ll probably be having it again soon!
ENTER TO WIN
One lucky reader will win an assortment of DOLE Fruit N’ Spice flavors! To learn even more about DOLE Fruit N’ Spice, visit the DOLE website or follow DOLE on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram!