Our easy pineapple teriyaki burgers were sponsored by KING’S HAWAIIAN, but the opinions are all my own. They are just perfect for summer grilling with the family! And if you have friends over, you can really wow them with this easy recipe! Check it out before we eat them all… wait, we already did! But we’ll be making them again for our 4th of July celebration for sure!
Easy Teriyaki Pineapple Burgers
So I should start out with a confession. I have a major love for KING’S HAWAIIAN and have since I was a little girl. I can remember my mom (Grambo) cutting me a slice and buttering it up for one of my favorite snacks. Now that KING’S HAWAIIAN Sweet Buns and Rolls are in my life, things have been taken to another (delicious) level!
Now that we’ve got that out of the way, let me tell you something else. I love summer because Justin is always eager to cook on his grill as often as he can. That means more help with meals and I call that a win! So on one of our weekly trips to Target (that’s a confession for another time), I spotted them and knew that they would be perfect for the weekend grilling Justin already had planned.
He was just planning to do burgers without anything too special, but I was feeling inspired to have a bit more fun! Of course, it all has to be easy around here. So with a little bit of though I knew what I wanted — pineapple teriyaki burgers on KING’S HAWAIIAN. Perfection, right?
It is perfection and it can also be so easy to make. (As long as you make sure you pick up everything you need when you’re at Target and manage to get the toddler back out the door without having to buy the entire toy aisle as well!)
Yes, I’ve trained my kids to have a love of Target like I do. I’ve also trained Carrigan to love KING’S HAWAIIAN so I like to think I’m doing a great job as a parent! But on to the food. Be ready to drool and start making your 4th of July grilling plans with this recipe!
What You Need:
- KING’S HAWAIIAN Hamburger Buns
- Hamburger patties (as many as you need for all of your guests)
- Teriyaki glaze (buy premade in the sauce aisle)
- 1 can Pineapple slices (or slice one fresh)
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- Cheddar cheese slices (1 per burger)
- 1 Tbs. honey
- 3 Tbs. butter, melted
What You Do (Grilled Pineapple):
- Place pineapple rings in a dish (one ring per burger).
- Mix honey and melted butter together then pour of rings, coating each one.
- Let sit while the grill heats up (high heat).
- Spray grill with cooking spray.
- Grill pineapple for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until heated through and grill marks appear.
What You Do (Pineapple Teriyaki Burgers):
- Season your patties as you heat the grill (but do not glaze them yet!) to medium-high heat.
- Cook your patties to desired doneness and glaze with teriyaki glaze during the last two minutes.
- Then add a slice of cheddar cheese to each burger and close the grill lid for a minute.
- Remove your burgers from the grill and then place your KING’S HAWAIIAN Hamburger Buns on the grill to toast them for a few minutes.
- Top each burger with a slice of red onion and pineapple.
- Enjoy with your favorite BBQ side dishes!
So don’t hesitate to start planning your long weekend of 4th of July celebrations! We plan to hit this year’s neighborhood parade and then go check out some classic cars they have on display at the park! Then we’ll be back home to grill up some more tasty burgers!
Find your closest Target and be sure to stock up on KING’S HAWAIIAN Sweet Buns and Rolls along with everything else you need to have an amazing 4th of July celebration with your friends and family!