When I think of Valentine’s Day, I think of all of the amazing sweets that come with the day of love. Boxes of chocolate, cupcakes, and conversation hearts! But when it comes to all of the sweethearts, I’m all about easy Valentines because it’s just my style. I love to get in the kitchen and make sweet treats for my family, but it has to be fairly simple to do.
That’s why I love this easy Valentines Day Bark! Nothing has to be made from scratch and you don’t even need to use your oven! All you need is the ability to break things up, pour things on, and sprinkle things around. If you can do that, then you can whip up your own batch of holiday bark whenever you want.
Easy Valentines Day Bark
The best thing about this recipe is that it is easily tweaked for any holiday! And it makes a great homemade gift if you can resist eating it all yourself!
- 1 package of Oreos
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 1 package Valentine M&Ms (or other candy)
- 1 package almond bark or candy melts
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Crumble Oreo cookies and spread out on baking sheet.
- Break pretzel sticks in half and sprinkle over Oreo cookies.
- Sprinkle M&Ms over cookies and pretzels.
- Over low heat, melt almond bark until smooth (or microwave according to directions on the packaging).
- Pour over cookies, pretzels, and candy.
- Use a fork to move the almond bark around and let it soak down into between the cookie and candy mix.
- Decorate with sprinkles before the bark cools completely, if desired.
- Place in refrigerator for an hour to cool.
- Break into pieces.
You can use chocolate almond bark instead of vanilla to give it a different taste. You can also change out the type of cookies or candy. I saw some Valentine’s Day candy corn when I was shopping the other day and thought it would give the bark a nice twist as well.
If you’re looking for easy valentines to make at home, candy bark is always a hit! Package it in a bag with some cute ribbon and a tag. You’ll be the hit of your next Valentine’s Day party!