When it comes to the fall season, I love everything harvest. I love the oranges, golds, and yellows of the season. They just scream Thanksgiving and getting together with people I love to me. So we got into the harvest feeling with some delicious Fall Heath Toffee Popcorn Balls. Kids love these and they can be a fun addition to the Thanksgiving festivities!
Fall Heath Toffee Popcorn Balls
Popcorn balls are fun to make because the combination possibilities seem almost endless. They are also good for every season. Although popcorn balls will probably always make me think of Halloween and Fall so that’s when I tend to make them. These are also fun because with supervision, the kids can definitely help out in the kitchen!
What you need:
- 1 bag microwave popcorn
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 bag mini marshmallows (10oz)
- ½ cup peanut butter chips and chocolate chips
- ½ cup Heath Bites – these are like M&M candy but Heath Toffee inside
- orange and yellow candy melts
- shortening for greasing your hands
- lollipop sticks
What you do:
- Pop the bag of popcorn according to the directions on the package and set aside to cool.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter completely.
- Once butter is melted, add the mini marshmallows and stir until marshmallows have completely melted.
- Separate popcorn kernels that have not popped from the popcorn and throw away. If you bite into an unpopped kernel later, you’ll know it!
- Once marshmallows have melted, stir popcorn into butter and marshmallow mixture, coating popcorn thoroughly.
- Add peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, and Heath candy bites to the popcorn and stir well. The chocolate and peanut butter will melt a bit.
- Allow popcorn to cool for a few minutes before handling.
- Grease your hands generously with shortening to prevent the marshmallow from sticking to you as you handle the popcorn balls.
- Take a handful of the popcorn mixture from the bowl and pack it into a firm ball. Place on a sheet of wax paper and allow it to cool. Repeat until all popcorn is gone.
- Once popcorn balls are completely cool, melt a small amount of orange and yellow candy melts according to the package instructions. Drizzle the orange and yellow candy over each popcorn ball to give an even more festive look for fall!
You can leave them as balls or use the lollipop sticks to make them more of a popcorn ball pop. The stick makes them easier to handle for kids. If you plan to give these, add a lollipop stick and wrap it up and it’s an adorable fall Harvest gift! These would be adorable at the kids table at Thanksgiving!