Family Fun in Houston
Summer is heating up around Texas, especially here in Texas. If your kids are climbing the walls as we reach the middle of summer break, take advantage of some great local movie deals. For a few dollars (or less) you can have affordable family fun in Houston! I know that I am always looking for ways to keep busy. Doing something different every once in a while is a way to make some great summer memories.
- Cinemark Summer Movie Clubhouse. If the closest theater to you is a Cinemark like ours, movies are just $1 weekday mornings at many Houston locations. If you pay in advance, you can get 10 movies for $5! Check with your local theater for exact movie times, but most are between 9:30 and 10:00 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Santikos Free Summer Movies. The Free Summer Movies series shows free movies on Wednesday and Thursday mornings. The shows are at 10:00 at Silverado 19 IMAX in Tomball.
- Rave Cinemas Free Family Film Festival. Rave Yorktown 15 in the Copperfield area offers free movies twice a week. You can catch a free flick at 10:00 on Mondays and Thursdays.
- Edwards Houston Marq*e 23 Summer Movie Express. For $1 you can catch popular G and PG rated movies. There are showings every Tuesday and Wednesday morning at 10:00.
- MFAH Reel Kids Summer Matinees. The Museum of Fine Arts Houston offers international animated, family friendly movies. On Thursdays you can go to the museum for free and catch a great movie at 2:00 in the afternoon!