Gamora in Guardians of the Galaxy is probably one of the most memorable characters, if only for her green alien skin. As part of my trip with Disney for the #GotGVol2Event we had the opportunity to interview Zoe Saldana, the actress behind the green skin!
Check out what’s going on with Gamora in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2!
Gamora in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
I have to admit that Guardians of the Galaxy left me intrigued by the relationship between Gamora and Nebula. So I was hoping to learn more about that from Zoe Saldana (as well as from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2)! Rest assured that in the new movie, we see more between the two sisters.
Chatting with Zoe Saldana was amazing and she shared some fun things about Gamora in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 and about her experience working on the film!
Zoe Saldana on Gamora in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
One thing I’ve always loved about Zoe Saldana is that she the roles she takes on are such strong female characters so it was great to have the chance to chat with her about that in relationship to her character and the new movie. Here are a few things she shared with us:
- She loves the 3 female characters of Mantis, Nebula, and Gamora in the movie. They are all strong females who bring something different to the story. Mantis brings an innocence and openness while Nebula brings so much anger. Then there is Gamora who brings a very maternal aspect to this film.
- Growing up, Zoe Saldana had a limited number of iconic female characters in film to look up to (Ellen Ripley from Alien and Sarah Conner from Terminator), so she feels like she took it upon herself to take a gamble and fill that space. She hopes what she’s doing is important.
- She hopes that young women and girls take away from Gamora that it’s okay to be vulnerable and strong. That being strong is being vulnerable.
It’s a powerful message for girls and I believe it’s one that Zoe Saldana gets across with Gamora in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. We see development of Gamora’s relationship with her sister, Nebula, in this sequel and Zoe shared with us that in the future she’d love to see Gamora go off with Nebula because she herself has a very close relationship with her own sisters. She’d like to see that for Gamora.
FUN FACT: It took 3.5 to 4 hours a day for Zoe Saldana to get into makeup for Gamora.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 opens in theaters Friday, May 5th! Be sure to get your tickets! You won’t want to miss hanging out with our favorite group of Guardians!
To learn more about the movie, visit the website and connect on social media:
- Facebook: facebook.com/guardiansofthegalaxy/
- Twitter: twitter.com/Guardians (#GotGVol2)
- Instagram: instagram.com/guardiansofthegalaxy/
- YouTube: youtube.com/user/MARVEL
- Visit the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY website: marvel.com/guardians