Gingerbread House Cocoa Pebbles Treats is sponsored by Pebbles Cereal as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review. And I ate them all!
Give me anything from pine cones and twigs to cereal and marshmallows, and I will turn it into a great craft idea for me and the kids. Last year we made Fruity Pebbles Treats in the shape of ornaments. The kids love Fruity Pebbles and Cocoa Pebbles so this year we decided to use Cocoa Pebbles to make Gingerbread House Cocoa Pebbles Treats!
They’re a blast to make and decorate. And being able to eat our delicious creations when we’re done makes it even more fun!
Gingerbread House Cocoa Pebbles Treats
Spending my days with Weston and Carrigan gives me so many opportunities to play and get creative. Their enthusiasm inspires me and makes me feel like a little girl again. Fruity and Cocoa Pebbles were my favorite cereals when I was young, so they are now a staple in my pantry for my grandkids to enjoy. And Weston has been known to enjoy his fair share!
When my grandson was watching a baking show with me on TV, he saw the bakers making gingerbread houses and noticed they looked like Cocoa Pebbles. The light bulb came on above my head and we started getting crafty with cereal! You can too! It’s so easy!
What You Need:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Fruity or Cocoa Pebbles
- Cookie cutters
- Cookie frosting, sprinkles, candy, etc. for decorating
What You Do
- Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in large saucepan.
- Then add marshmallows and stir over low heat until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and quickly add Pebbles cereal,
- Stir until coated with marshmallow mixture.
- Press lightly and thinly onto greased cookie sheet.
- Cool in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- After the mixture has hardened, cut into several large sections and remove.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out desired shapes.
- Have fun decorating!
After you decorate, try to take a few photos before the eating begins! They’re hard to resist! The delicious flavor makes your mouth so happy and the crunchy chewiness is so satisfying. We’ll always have Pebbles cereal in our house. They’ve been a family favorite for over 40 years and we love that they go beyond the cereal bowl!
They are fun all year long too with Fruity and Cocoa Pebbles as well as special limited editions! We love the bright colors and flavors. And by we, I really do mean all of us! So don’t be afraid to have some fun this holiday season and get crafty with your cereal!