Green Bean Casserole Recipe
Green Bean Casserole is one of those Thanksgiving dishes that always looks so delectable in commercials. But then when it comes down to making it, I never really feel like it. Oh, now if someone else makes it then I’m all over it. I just don’t want to make it myself for some reason. But that was before I learned about a green bean casserole recipe from Krista at Everyday Mom’s Meals!
Get this. It’s Green Bean Casserole Stuffed Mushrooms!
So I like green bean casserole and I like mushrooms. This might just be enough for me to get up and make a casserole this year!
Green Bean Casserole Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2 lbs. white button mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 (14.5oz) can French style green beans, drained
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or minced
- 3 slices pre-cooked bacon, diced
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup condensed cream of onion soup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup French Fried onions, crushed
In the Kitchen
- Heat oven to 425.
- In a small skillet, saute bacon and garlic until heated through. Set aside.
- In a food processor add green beans, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, bacon mixture, nutmeg, pepper, water, and soup. Pulse until well combined and smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and fold in bread crumbs.
- Place mushroom caps, stem side down, in a 9x13 pan (It will probably take 2 batches.)
- Spray with cooking spray. Cook for 10 minutes, turning once.
- Remove from oven and drain any liquid collected.
- Using a small spoon fill the mushroom caps with green bean mixture. Pat gently to evenly distribute. Place back in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and top each with fried onions, pressing down gently to adhere.
- Bake for 10 additional minutes or until tender and heated through.