Grilled Hobo Dinners
I’m always look for easy dinner ideas. I do love cooking but have been on the hunt for some ideas to get J involved in meals. We are planning to get a new grill soon so I have been on the hunt for grilling recipes. When Krista from Everyday Mom’s Meals shared the idea of Grilled Hobo Dinners, I fell in love.
With these you can make everything all at once. That equals convenience and time saving for me! If you’re looking for a great way to get dad and the grill involved, try this recipe!
What you need:
- 1 large round steak, cut into 3-4 pieces and tenderized
- 3 medium red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 3 TBS Worcestershire
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 TBS olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a small bowl combine Worcestershire, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Brush both sides of each steak liberally with marinade. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, carrots, onion, green pepper, olive oil, parsley, salt, and pepper. Toss gently making sure to coat with oil.
- Lay out 2 large pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil for each packet you are making.
- Place one steak in each. Divide veggies equally among each.
- Wrap each tightly and then wrap again in a second piece of foil. You have to have a double layer.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- lace foil packets on grill and cook on medium for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and continue cooking for 45 minutes to 1 hour until meat done and veggies tender, turning occasionally.
*NOTE* Mine get a little crisp on one side, but we enjoy that. If you don’t, reduce the entire cooking temperature to low and check after 30 minutes. These can also be cooked in the oven at 375 for 1 hour.