As part of my coverage of the #GotGVol2Event, Disney covered most of my expenses to visit Los Angeles for the red carpet world premiere of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2! I’m excited share my Guardians of the Galaxy 2 review and explain my growing love for Marvel films!
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Review
I know I can’t be alone in my love for this gang of guardians. Before they arrived on the scene, I have to admit that I didn’t really care one way or another about the whole Marvel universe.
Justin and so many of my friends love all of the films and going on adventures through the universe. I’ll admit that I just didn’t get it. Then Guardians of the Galaxy came along. I’ve been a huge fan of Bradley Cooper and Chris Pratt for many years so when I found out they were doing a Marvel movie together, I was willing to give it a chance.
Whatever it takes right? That’s how it all started for me Guardians of the Galaxy is definitely a movie I’m willing to watch again and again. So, I was thrilled to have the chance to see Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 at the red carpet world premiere.
We had an amazing time walking the purple carpet (yes, it was purple!) and catching glimpses of the stars of the show. We screened the movie in the famous Dolby Theater where they Academy Awards are held each year.
Yep, I sat in the second row where celebrities sit for the Oscars. Pretty cool, right?
It was amazing but the important question is — what did I think of the movie?
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 Review Basics
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 was amazing. I’m tempted to say that I loved it even more than the first and that’s saying a lot.
We do more of our movie reviews with the family in mind. Since Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is rated PG-13, it’s not one we’re taking either of our kids too yet. But I will talk about if you have older kids so you can get an idea about whether or not you should take yours to the theater with you!
- Movie: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, rated PG-13 Running Time: 2 hours, 18 minutes
- Moviegoers: Mariah (37)
- Our Favorite Family Movies: Tangled and Trolls
And yes, Justin was jealous that I got to go to the world premiere of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. He has already planned our date night for opening weekend! I can’t wait to see it again and with him!
Photo by Jesse Grant
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Review
- What’s the story: In Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, the team is on a mission to unravel the mystery of Peter Quill’s true parentage! It’s set to the backdrop of Awesome Mixtape #2 that was discovered in the first movie! We see the gang of Guardians protect people while also getting themselves into a bit of trouble along the way. We meet Peter Quill’s father and get to see how the two work that relationship out. It’s definitely a movie about relationships, family, and love.
- What parents may like about this movie: If you’re a fan of Marvel movies, I think you’re going to enjoy this one. It’s got the humor of Guardians of the Galaxy and a great storyline that is full of action, adventure, and emotion. The special effects are amazing and it’s a movie that’s great to see with older kids or with your significant other!
- What kids will like: If you take your older kids to see the movie, I think they’ll love the action and adventure. Then, there’s Rocket Raccoon and Baby Groot. They’re both full of moments that will leave you laughing which the kids always enjoy.
- Positive themes: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 is a story about the father and son relationship. It’s also about letting yourself be loved and letting those who care about you get close enough to really care for you. It’s full of emotion as the Guardians all grow closer as a family.
So did I enjoy it? I think you can tell by my Guardians of the Galaxy 2 review that I’m a little bit of a fan. I cannot wait to see the movie again with my own family. And I cannot wait to see what happens next when we get Guardians of the Galaxy 3
To learn more about the movie, visit the website and connect on social media:
- Facebook: facebook.com/guardiansofthegalaxy/
- Twitter: twitter.com/Guardians (#GotGVol2)
- Instagram: instagram.com/guardiansofthegalaxy/
- YouTube: youtube.com/user/MARVEL
- Visit the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY website: marvel.com/guardians