Dave Bautista sat down with us to talk about Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 Drax as part of the #GotGVol2Event interviews. Disney provided me with a most-expense paid trip in exchange for coverage of the event.
If you’re a fan of Drax in Guardians of the Galaxy, check out some of the things Dave Bautista shared about his experience on the new film and what he hopes to see for Drax in the future.
Dave Bautista About Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 Drax
I love all of the gang of Guardians, but Drax definitely brought something to the first film that I enjoyed. Having lost a sibling, I think I could relate to him and the struggle he faces with the loss of his family. It’s just one of those messages you don’t expect to find in films like Guardians of the Galaxy and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.
It’s one of the reasons I love these films. It was an amazing experience to get to spend some time chatting with Dave Bautista. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Drax has definitely grown from the one we know from the first film. He’s developing more and more humor, which is extremely enjoyable.
And his laugh. His laugh in the new movie will make every smile.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Drax
Dave Bautista was an amazing actor to interview. During the interview he was quick to share about how he’s not comfortable watching himself on film. He’s self-conscious and judges himself. To hear a talented actor like him admit to that was just a reminder to me of how we’re all human.
He shared how he’s not like Drax at all. Dave Bautista is self-conscious and understated while Drax is big and boisterous and a bit egotistical. It’s always interesting to see an actor’s personality compared to their character.
Dave shared some other interesting things with us about the movie:
- He wasn’t crazy about the script when he first read it. He thought they would go more with the Destroyer side of Drax and they went the humor direction. (He doesn’t consider himself funny at all, but trust me when I say he was hilarious in the movie!)
- At the first table read of the script, it hit him. He finally got just how amazing it was.
- He admitted that he likes the second film better than first one and that was totally emotionally involved in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
I agree about the second film. While I loved the first Guardians of the Galaxy and wondered if the sequel could be just as good, I was not disappointed.
Dave Bautista shared that in the future he’d like to see Drax not get involved in another relationship because his heartbreak is his character. He would like to get a visual of Drax’s family and race in the next film. He’d love to see more of the world that Drax comes from.
FUN FACT: Drax’s makeup was way quicker on the second film than the first. It only took about an hour and a half to get the makeup done. It went on easy but was hard to get off!
To learn more about the movie, visit the website and connect on social media:
- Facebook: facebook.com/guardiansofthegalaxy/
- Twitter: twitter.com/Guardians (#GotGVol2)
- Instagram: instagram.com/guardiansofthegalaxy/
- YouTube: youtube.com/user/MARVEL
- Visit the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY website: marvel.com/guardians