Halloween Candy Recipe
On November 1st many parents will be dealing with the same problem. There will be too much candy lying around! Whether your child brings home a huge bag or you end up with more leftovers than anticipated, it will be there. Mocking you. Or maybe that’s just me and my sweet tooth talking!
Apparently there is more to Halloween than getting a stomach ache because you don’t know when to say stop. (Oh, that’s my sweet tooth talking again.) You can use some of those leftovers to make something different with this Halloween candy recipe from Krista at Everyday Mom’s Meals. I’ll give you a hint about this one… she adds apples. So that makes it healthy, right?
Apple Candy Bar Salad
Here’s what you need:
- 1 (3.4 oz) box French vanilla instant pudding
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1 1/2 c. Cool Whip
- 2 large honeycrisp apples, cored and chopped into bite sized chunks
- 6 snack size Snickers candy bars, chopped
- 1/2 c. coconut
- 1 small chocolate bar, optional
You can make this a bit lighter by using sugar-free pudding, light Cool Whip, and skim milk too. Oh, and J will tell you that coconut is optional too!
Here’s what you do:
- Combine 1/2 the pudding and the milk with a wire whisk. Whisk for 2 minutes. Then let rest for 2 minutes until soft set.
- Fold in the Cool Whip and remaining pudding mix. Stir well to combine.
- Add apple pieces and candy bar pieces. Stir.
- Add coconut. Stir well.
- Grate chocolate to garnish.
- Chill until serving.