Halloween Worms in Dirt Recipe
Frankenweenie opened in theaters earlier this month (check out my Frankenweenie white carpet premiere experience) and Disney shared some fabulous recipes inspired by the film. A Worms in Dirt recipe was included and it caught my eye! It’s so quick and easy to make! I asked Krista from Everyday Mom’s Meals if she’d like to whip it up. She was more than willing!
This recipe is a great treat for Halloween. The kids can even help you make it which makes it that much more fun! I love that it’s easy to swap out sugar-free pudding and light Cool Whip to reduce the calories too!
Make Your Own Worms in Dirt
What you need:
- 1 (3.4oz) package instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 1 (16oz) package Oreos
- Gummy Worms
- Plastic cups
What you do:
- In a large bowl, combine pudding and milk. Whisk for 2 minutes. Allow to set in fridge for 5 minutes so it can set a bit.
- Put Oreo cookies in a large plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. (A can of corn works well too!)
- When pudding is set, add the Cool Whip and half of the crushed cookies. Stir until the mixture is all the same color.
- Put 1 Tablespoon of remaining crushed cookies in each of the small plastic cups.
- Fill each cup 3/4 of the way with the pudding mixture.
- Top each cup with remaining cookies and gummy worms. Place in refrigerator to chill until ready to eat!
You can download the recipe by clicking on the image. And be sure to check out Frankenweenie in theaters now!