Our Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing recipe is part of my participation in Mom Blog Tour at the Summer Fancy Food Show on behalf of Wendy’s Bloggers (#MomBlogTourFF) and received Wisconsin Cheese products to facilitate my review.
Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
So, I have a confession. We love cheese. Our entire family loves cheese. My family is from the midwest, which means we enjoy Wisconsin Cheese! Did you know that 90-95% of Wisconsin milk is used to make the amazing cheese that comes out of the state?
I’ve recently fallen in love with blue cheese, so it was so much fun to use Roth Buttermilk Blue Cheese to try my hand at homemade Blue Cheese Dressing. I had fun making something new and it turned out to be delicious (which is always a plus)!
What You Need:
- 4oz Roth Buttermilk Blue Cheese
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
- 1/2 Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed peppercorn
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder with parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Pinch of salt
What You Do:
- Crumble the blue cheese and place in a small dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together buttermilk, 3oz of blue cheese crumbles, peppercorn, garlic powder, salt, and Worcestershire sauce using a hand mixer.
- Then mix in sour cream and mayonnaise.
- Pour into a small 12 ounce Mason jar and top of with a little more crushed peppercorn and the rest of your blue cheese crumbles.
Wisconsin wins more awards for cheese than any other state in the country! They make 25% of all the cheese in the US and most of the farms are family owned. So by eating Wisconsin Cheese we’re supporting other families!
I love that there are so many ways to enjoy cheese. It makes it a staple in our refrigerator!
We depend on Wisconsin Cheese for everything from breakfast (love cheese in scrambled eggs), lunch (roast beef and swiss sandwich, please!), and dinner! But also for snack time! Carrigan is a huge fan of string cheese and I like knowing I’m giving her a snack that is good for her!
Enter to Win
One lucky reader will win assorted Wisconsin Cheese and kitchen items (estimated value $100)! Visit the giveaway page for your chance to win!