Homemade Peeps Easter Recipe
Oh Peeps, beautiful Peeps. I know some people have a deep dislike for them. But I like them. No, I love them. I’m a huge marshmallow fan and there is just something about biting into a yellow chick or pink bunny that feels like Easter to me. Yes, I know the real meaning of Easter but I still enjoy putting together a basket of goodies for W. So when Krista from Everyday Mom’s Meals broke out her homemade peeps, I was smiling.
I’m always on the hunt for easy craft and food ideas that I can do with W (and my future children). I love creating memories and doing activities together is a great way to build traditions. I love inviting my friends and their kids over to do activities and these homemade peeps marshmallow pops are perfect for a spring playdate!
While these might not be shaped like chicks and bunnies, that makes them even more versatile. You’re not just limited to Easter! You could make them for other holidays as well! How cute would they be in red, white, and blue?
Ready to make your own homemade peeps? If you’re a semi-homemade type of mom then you will love how easy it is to make these adorable marshmallow pops! Oh, and if you don’t have any floral foam or Styrofoam, you can fill a cup with sugar to stand your pops up in to dry!
Make Your Own Homemade Peeps
What you need:
- Large marshmallows
- Candy sticks
- Pastel colored sprinkles (found in the baking aisle)
- Piece of floral foam or Styrofoam
What you do:
- Place sticks in marshmallows to turn them into marshmallow pops.
- Dip each in water to dampen and dab lightly on a paper towel to remove excess water.
- Roll each in sprinkles, covering evenly.
- Place sticks in floral foam, standing upright to dry. When dry, place in a cup for easy enjoyment!
What treats do you plan to make this Easter?
Check out all of my Easter ideas!