If you have hundreds of broken crayons and crayon bits collecting around your house, gather the family and use them to make your own crayons! It’s an affordable way to get every member of your family putting their creativity to use! It also recycles all the broken crayons into brand new crayons!
How to Make Your Own Recycled Crayons
What you need:
- old crayons, peeled and broken into small pieces
- oven-safe silicone baking molds (I suggest shaped ones for different holidays and seasons)
What you do:
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees.
- Fill the baking mold with the color combinations of choice. (Leave some empty space in the mold! You don’t want them to overflow!)
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until the crayons have melted. You will know that they are ready when the wax no longer has lumps and is completely liquid.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few hours.
- Remove from molds carefully.
- Have fun with your family!
These are affordable fun for any time of year! Use different colors for different seasons and different mold shapes for different occasions!