Italian Sausage Pasta Recipe
My husband loves italian sausage. LOVES. I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t mind if I added it to any dinner I made! He’s also a huge pasta fan so when Krista from Everyday Mom’s Meals shared her Italian Sausage Pasta recipe, I knew it would be loved by the men in my life. Yes, I’m pretty sure W would love it too. He’s all about the pasta these days!
When it comes to pasta, I tend to stick with what I know. I will admit to that. We enjoy Chicken Spaghetti, Baked Ziti, and Tossed Pasta with Spinach and Tomatoes a lot. Since pasta is obviously a staple in our meal planning, discovering ways to change it up and add new flavors is always welcome. I’ve never made pasta using italian sausage so this would be a first for me. And J is already encouraging me to try it out!
My challenge is that Grambo doesn’t eat sausage (except turkey and chicken sausage) so I need to do some research into the products that are available. I’m sure I can find a substitute to use or I can always just saute some of the veggies up for her. I will have to think about my options and let you know what I come up with!
But for now, I think the Italian Sausage Pasta recipe would be a great dinner for J and I to enjoy on a date night at home. We need a few more of those these days. So I think I’ll spoil him. And he better not be reading this and ruining my surprise! (He’s totally reading this, by the way.)
- 16 oz. bowtie pasta, cooked and drained
- 5 Sweet Italian Sausage links
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
In the Kitchen
- Boil water for pasta and cook pasta according to package.
- While pasta is cooking, cook sausages in a large skillet according to package directions.
- When cooked, drain on paper towels and slice into coin shapes.
- Add olive oil to renderings from sausage on medium heat.
- Add all veggies and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add sausage back in and mix well.
- Mix drained pasta with sausage mixture and add Parmesan cheese if desired.