If you’re looking for something to do with the family on a rainy Spring day, look around your house because you might have all the materials for DIY Lava Lamps! It’s a great craft activity that also gives the entire family a chance to explore some science!
DIY Lava Lamp Craft
What you need:
Empty plastic water bottle with label removed
What you do:
- Fill a water bottle 3/4 full with vegetable oil and water (1/2 vegetable oil and 1/4 water). Be sure to leave a few inches empty!
- Add 10 drops of food coloring (the darker the color the better).
- Divide the antacid tablet into quarters.
- Drop a piece of antacid table into the bottle and watch it bubble!
- Repeat with additional pieces of antacid tablet.
- Place cap on the bottle and tip bottle back and forth to create a wave!
- You can also shine a flashlight on the bottle and turn out the lights to make it even more like a lava lamp!
This lava lamp craft is fun for the entire family and is a great way to spend an evening in! Throw a frozen pizza in the oven and have a family science night!