Our Lingonberry Thumbprint Cookies with Jam recipe is part of my participation in Mom Blog Tour at the Summer Fancy Food Show on behalf of Wendy’s Bloggers (#MomBlogTourFF) and received Felix products to facilitate my review.
Lingonberry Thumbprint Cookies with Jam
The girls in our family are all about the lingonberry. We enjoy a good lingonberry jam or sauce. I actually love it with mashed potatoes! It’s great with a turkey dinner for a bit of a different twist on things!
Felix Lingonberries, the leading lingonberry jam in Sweden and the USA, is one of our favorites and we used it in our Lingonberry Thumbprint Cookies but check out some of the other varieties available!
- Lingonberry with Blueberry
- Lingonberry with Ginger
- Lingonberry with Spiced Apple and Cinnamon
I love the flavor options available because it means we can easily change up the flavor of our lingonberry thumbprint cookies without things getting complicated! That makes this a great option for holiday cookies! When it comes to holiday prep, I’m all about easy and Felix Jams makes that happen around here!
What You Need:
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 jar Felix Jam
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Then mix in egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- Mix the flour and salt in until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls and sat on the parchment paper, spaced about 1 inch apart.
- Use the back of a small spoon or your thumb to press the center of the cookie dough balls down.
- Bake for 10 minutes and fill a small sandwich bag with jam.
- Cut the tip off a corner of the bag and fill each cookie with jam.
- Bake for another 2-3 minutes and let cool.
These are always a hit when I make them for get together at our house or for holiday parties. You can even whip up a larger batch of lingonberry thumbprint cookies and use a variety of the Felix flavors to make a great cookie tray!
All of the flavors are made with pure, simple ingredients (wild lingonberries, pure sugar, and water) and are a great alternative to cranberries!
To learn more about Felix, visit felixjams.com
Enter to Win
One lucky reader will win six jars of Felix Lingonberry Jam in four delicious flavors (valued at $35.99)! Visit the giveaway page for your chance to win!