The new year is in full swing and while you might be looking ahead to Valentine’s Day, there are still some important days to teach your kids about. And they are the perfect reason to plan some fun, creative, and easy things to do together! We’ve gathered together some Martin Luther King Day activities that you can do with your kids to help them learn more about this important historical figure!
Martin Luther King Day Activities
I love doing crafty things with the kids and I find it’s easier to base them around important or special days. My background as a teacher also leads me to do things like Martin Luther King Day activities and President’s Day activities. But anything that gets the kids creative and lets us have some time together is a perfect reason for me!
- Dream Card by Parenting Chaos
- MLK Activity: How Would You Change the World? by No Time for Flash Cards
- Diversity Egg Activity by Kids Activities Blog
- MLK Day Paper Doll Craft by Naturally Educational
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Printables for Primary Students by The Kindergarten Connection
- Exploring Skin Color Diversity Using Playdough by Racheous
- The M&M Experiment by Crayon Freckles
- MLK Handwriting Worksheets by 3 Boys and a Dog
- Diversity Cookies by Playground Parkbench
- Handprint Dream Catcher Paper Craft by Kids Creative Chaos
There are also some great books to read together that teach about Martin Luther King. Here are some affiliate links for a few of my favorites:
Most of all, take advantage of a reason to teach your kids and spend time together getting creative!