When it comes to crafts, we love paper plate crafts. When it comes to travel we LOVE visiting Disney Parks! So making a Mickey Mouse Paper Plate Craft was just something we had to do! I’m surprised we didn’t do it sooner!
Check out how easy it is to make! It’s great for Mickey themed parties and also works as a fun countdown activity if you’re planning a trip to the Disney resorts!
Mickey Mouse Paper Plate Craft
We’re actually planning a trip to Disney World this summer so we have Disney on our minds. We made this Mickey Mouse paper plate craft to practice before we had some friends over for a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse themed play date. I wanted to be sure that it would work well for the kids and it does!
I’ve included some affiliate links in case you need any of the materials. I’ve also included links to some of our favorite Disney-related books and toys at the bottom in case you’re looking for some other Mickey Mouse themed things to do with your kids!
What You Need to Make Mickey Mouse Paper Crafts
- (3) Paper plates
- Black and red paint
- Paint brushes
- White card stock or construction paper
- Hole puncher
- White glue
How to Make Mickey Mouse Paper Plate Craft
- Paint the bottom half of the full paper plate red and let dry.
- Then paint the top half black and let dry.
- Cut out the inside circles of the other two paper plates.
- Paint the two smaller plate circles black and let dry.
- Glue the two smaller black circles onto the black top half of the plate like pictured.
- Cut two 1 inch circles from your white card stock/construction paper and punch two holes next to each other on each one to look like buttons. (You can also cut circles out of paper plates if you have extras and don’t want to get out the white paper!)
- Glue the “buttons” onto the plate where the red and black paint meet.
- Let dry and enjoy!
One hint that makes painting Mickey Mouse paper crafts a bit easier with younger kids is to use a permanent marker to draw a bold, black line across the middle of the plate. It helps them paint red on one side and black on the other.
Disney and Mickey Mouse are some of our family’s favorite things. So my kids love doing activities like making a Mickey Mouse paper plate craft. If you’re looking for more Disney themed things to do with your kids, check out some of our favorite books and toys!
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Pixel Art Beads Crafts Fusion SetBundle Box Set: Magic Pen® & Sticker Puzzles – Disney Mickey MousePlay-Doh Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Set Stamp & Cut Mickey MouseDisney® Mickey Mouse Clubhouse On the Go First Look and Find