I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned it plenty of times before but it doesn’t hurt to say it again. I love cooking for my family and when I do, I adore meals that are easy to prepare! Recipes get bonus points if it’s something that kids can help make in the kitchen! Krista from Everyday Mom’s Meals hit the nail on the head this week when she shared how she makes Mini Deep Dish Pizzas with me!
Mini Deep Dish Pizzas
I love her idea of using tortillas for the pizza crust on these mini pizzas. Plus, they would be so easy to personalize which would b e a great way to get the whole family involved in making dinner!
What you need:
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Cooking Spray
- 1 c. mozzarella cheese
- 12 turkey pepperoni, cut into 4 pieces each
- 1 (15 oz.) can pizza sauce
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 TBS Italian seasoning
What you do:
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine pizza sauce, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese. Stir well.
- Using a glass or the empty pizza can, cut 3 rounds from each tortilla. (You want to make sure the rounds are just a little bigger then the wells in your muffin tin.) Place tortilla rounds in muffin tin so each well is covered on the bottom and up the sides a little.
- Fill each tortilla round with about 2 TBS of pizza sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with 4 pieces of pepperoni each.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Let stand 2 minutes and remove with fork.