Our Moana review is a is sponsored by Dolby Cinema at AMC. I was compensated for going to see the movie. However we had planned to see it any way and definitely enjoyed it! #Moana #DolbyCinema #shareAMC
Moana Review: Have You Taken Your Family?
We’re huge fans of Disney movies around our house. Now that Carrigan is getting older, we’ve been able to share some of the classics with her as well as the newer films. This weekend we had the chance to see Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC! Check out our Moana review and Dolby Cinema experience!
- Movie: Moana, rated PG, running time 1 hour, 53 minutes
- Moviegoers: Mariah (36), Justin (34), Weston (5), Carrigan (3)
- Our Family Faves: Frozen and Zootopia
- Our Fave Movies for Grown-Ups: Project X (Mariah), Nightmare on Elm Street (Justin)
- What’s the story: In Moana, an adventurous teenager sails out on a daring mission to save her people. During her journey, Moana meets the once-mighty demigod Maui, who guides her in her quest to become a master way-finder. Together they sail across the open ocean on an action-packed voyage, encountering enormous monsters and impossible odds. Along the way, Moana fulfills the ancient quest of her ancestors and discovers the one thing she always sought: her own identity.
- What parents may like about this movie: The movie has the theme of knowing who you are and believing in yourself. Moana is the heroine of the story, giving girls the message that they can achieve anything they can dream. But I also liked Maui and his journey to finally believing that his strength came from within.
- What kids will like: The things that kept our kids engaged were the silly animal characters and new songs that are sure to become favorites sung again and again around our house.
- Positive themes: The message of this movie is knowing who you are and believing in yourself. It’s not unexpected from Disney but it’s a message I happily support.
The Bottom Line
- Violence/scare factor: 2/5, As a mom I didn’t think that the film was that scary but there are definitely some intense moments for the younger kids. The two villians that Moana and Maui encounter had Carrigan a bit worried but overall she handled the movie without a problem.
- Sex/Romance: 0/5, There is no romantic aspect in this movie. The focus is on Moana and Maui and the friendship they develop.
- Bad language: 0/5, Weston is a pro at catching any words he think might count as “bad words” and we made it through the movie without any announcements about language.
See Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC
If you ever have the chance to see a movie in Dolby Cinema at AMC — do it!
Dolby Cinema at AMC is the ultimate way to experience movies! You get amazing imaging with vibrant colors, sound that movies all around you, and reserved recliners that pulse with the action!
We’ve seen one other movie in Dolby Cinema and enjoyed ourselves. This time was no different!
Our entire family enjoyed our experience. Justin loved the amazing sound quality and Weston loved the reclining seats. I thought it was fun to feel the movie in our seats too. It wasn’t like a theme park ride or anything, just some rumbles during certain parts of the movie. I think we all appreciated the deep and vibrant colors of the screen which were perfect for the amazing setting of the islands and ocean in Moana.
To learn more about the theaters, you can check out all of the Dolby Cinema at AMC locations as well to find one near you! To stay updated on when one opens near you or receive information about special events at their locations sign up for their newsletter!
Moana is open in theaters everywhere now! Be sure to get connected for all things Moana through social medie!
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/disneymoana
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/disneymoana
- Disney Animation on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/disneyanimation/
- Disney Animation on Tumblr: http://disneyanimation.tumblr.com/
- Visit the official website: http://movies.disney.com/moana