Christmas with the First Ladies: No Bake Cinnamon Ornaments
Holiday inspiration hit me in book form with Christmas with the First Ladies. Michelle Obama’s Gingerbread Ornaments brought back memories of making apple cinnamon ornaments with my mom when I was younger. So, Grambo and I set out to do it again! We used to bake ours but Michelle Obama’s recipe was a no bake one. So we gathered the ingredients we needed to make No Bake Cinnamon Ornaments!
What you need:
- 1 cup ground cinnamon
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup white glue
- wax paper
- rolling pin
- cookie cutters
- additional decorations as desired
What to do:
- Combine the applesauce, cinnamon, and glue in a bowl. Stir to mix well. The dough should be stiff. If it’s too soft you can add more cinnamon.
- Roll the dough between two sheets of wax paper until it is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes. Use straw to make a hanging hold for the ribbon once dry.
- Move ornaments to drying rack or paper towel to dry (approximately 2-3 days).
- Once dry, add ribbon, and decorate as desired!
Easy No Bake Cinnamon Ornaments
These are a great project to do with the entire family! They also work fabulously in a classroom setting because there is no baking required! Of course, it can be a bit messy but that’s where the memories are made! So don’t be afraid to get messy and you will have delicious smelling ornaments for years to come.
Oh, these also make great gifts for family and friends!
What is your favorite homemade holiday gift?